For now, you cannot directly purchase crypto inside the app due to Apple’s AppStore restrictions. However you can get crypto from a third-party exchange such as Binance, BitMart or Coinstore* and transfer it to your AmazeWallet.
The steps below are given for Binance but are usually the same:
- Go to an exchange such as Binance
- Create an account or login
- Complete the necessary KYC steps if needed
- Select the currency you wish to pay with
- Select the crypto you wish to buy**
- Enter an amount (there may be a minimum)
- Select the payment method**
- Review the details and confirm.
- Wait for your crypto to be delivered****
* Note: Centralized exchanges may have differing rules on what countries they support. Please thoroughly check the terms and conditions of each exchange. You can use a platform such as CoinMarketCap to search for popular exchanges: https://coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/.
** Note: to swap to AMT you will first need USDT (Tether). Tether is a stable coin that is usually $1 = 1 USDT. Tether can be found on many chains. AmazeWallet supports USDT to AMT swaps using three networks: Ethereum, BNB Smart Chain and Tron. Making any transaction on these networks—such as swapping USDT to AMT—also requires a small amount of the native chain currency (Ether, BSC and TRX respectively). This is called ‘gas’, and is the fee to send or receive over the networks. You can check a website like https://gasfeesnow.com to see the current cost. BSC is usually the lowest gas fee and Ethereum the highest, though these may fluctuate depending on network congestion.
** Note: Not all payment methods are available for every currency, and some banks may have restrictions on paying for cryptocurrency. Please double-check the rules on cryptocurrency purchase with your own bank, card or payment method before proceeding.
*** Note: Different exchanges may have their own login and KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements. These usually include creating an account with your email, but may also require you to add your name, date of birth, address and upload an identity document. You usually only need to do this once with each exchange. Please double-check the requirements in case you are unsure.
**** Note: Crypto may take some time to be distributed, and this process can vary depending on the network and exchange. AmazeWallet does not have any control over the distribution of funds, and if there are any issues with your purchase please contact the provider directly using the receipt you should have received in your email from them. To be able to view and use the currency or token you purchased to the Wallet page, click on Add (+), searching for the purchased token, and clicking the + symbol. This step does not ‘add’ any crypto—it merely allows it to be visible in your wallet.